Welcome

Welcome to my Tutorial Website do you need help with something hopefully this site will help you use the Links to the right side of the page to click on any type of Tutorial that you need help on

Translate

Search This Blog

Friday, March 15, 2013

Custom Code Troubleshooting on Tumblr


Custom Code Troubleshooting on Tumblr

What should I do if my blog is missing content or appears to be blank?

Remove code from your blog’s description:

Check your blog Description to see if any scripts or code are incomplete.

Remove any scripts or code in your blog Description, then add new copies of those scripts or code until you figure out the cause of the problem.

Revert from Custom HTML to a standard theme:

Save a copy of your Custom HTML, then go back to the standard version of your blog theme or install that theme from the Theme Garden.

Add custom code back gradually until you figure out the cause of the problem.

How do I edit my blog’s Description?

Click Settings (the gear icon) at the top of your Dashboard.

Click the blog you’d like to update on the left side of the page.

Click “Customize” in the Theme section.

Edit your Description as needed.

Click “Save.”

How do I edit my blog’s Custom HTML?

Click Settings (the gear icon) at the top of your Dashboard.

Click the blog you’d like to update on the left side of the page.

Click “Customize” in the Theme section.

Click the “Edit HTML” button.

Edit the Custom HTML as needed.

Click the “Appearance” button at the top of the sidebar.

Click “Save.”

Can I revert to an earlier version of my Custom HTML?

Yup! We store the last 20 revisions of your Custom HTML on our Theme Recovery page.